CEDC Hosting Events, Activities to Celebrate 2022 Economic Development Week
4 May 2022
Staff News, Business News
CONROE, TEXAS (May 4, 2022) – The Conroe Economic Development Council (CEDC) will host Economic Development Week from May 9 - 13 to inform the community and celebrate the contributions of the CEDC and its stakeholders. The weeklong showcase will bring together economic development partners for insights into Conroe’s economy and highlight the ways Conroe collaborates to increase economic opportunity. Two key CEDC stakeholders will be honored with the inaugural Economic Development Champion and Economic Development Community Partner awards at a Monday luncheon.
“It takes partnership to achieve successful recruitment, retention, and expansion efforts. That’s one of the things we’re celebrating during Economic Development Week. We want to highlight the stakeholder collaboration applied to achieve strategic initiatives, such as workforce development, innovation, and entrepreneurship. These partnerships are key in realizing Conroe’s economic vitality,” said CEDC Advisory Board Chair Steve Pilgrim.
“Economic Development Week will showcase the strength of Conroe while celebrating the partners who make important contributions that positively impact our local economic climate. Throughout the week, there will be opportunities for education, application, and appreciation to highlight economic development in Conroe,” added CEDC Executive Director Danielle Scheiner.
Economic Development Week programs and activities begin Monday, May 9, with the luncheon and awards presentation at Conroe Tower. The full list of events is below:
- Monday, May 9: Economic Development Week Luncheon and Awards Presentation
- Award winners will be announced at the luncheon and honored by the CEDC for their contributions to economic development in Conroe
- Tuesday, May 10: Economic Development Week Roundtable hosted by CEDC
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. at the Conroe/Lake Conroe Chamber of Commerce, 505 West Davis Street
- Speakers and panelists include:
- Jody Czajkoski, Conroe Mayor
- Rhonda Ellisor, Director, Small Business Development Center - Sam Houston State University
- Ross Folkenroth, Vice President - Community Development, Woodforest National Bank® - Woodforest FoundrySM
- Meredith Jurica, CEO/Founder - Makeup Junkie Bags; Frank Jackson, Owner - The Table at Madeley; Scott Harper, President - Conroe/Lake Conroe Chamber as moderator
- CEDC Staff: Executive Director Danielle Scheiner; Deputy Director Laura Lea Palmer; Associate Director Jennifer Matthews; Marketing Manager Sharla Smith; and Administrative Assistant Valencia Alasmar
- Register for the roundtable. Registration is free, and seating is limited!
- Wednesday, May 11: Launch of “Why Conroe” podcast hosted by CEDC
- Thursday, May 12: Website ZoomTour launch: Conroe’s business parks
- Thursday, May 12: Proclamation at Conroe City Council Meeting honoring Economic Development Week
- 6:00 p.m. at Conroe City Hall, 300 West Davis Street
- Friday, May 13: Demonstration webinar for newest CEDC website resource: SizeUpConroeTX
- 11:00 a.m.
- Free registration for SizeUpConroeTX webinar
In addition to the events listed above, several activities will take place throughout the week. Partnering with Visit Conroe and Downtown Conroe, the CEDC is hosting a virtual scavenger hunt on Facebook and Instagram from May 1 - May 15. Also on social media, the CEDC will be releasing daily “Meet the Staff” videos. Finally, there will be a community selfie photo op located at Conroe Tower on May 9, and the Conroe/Lake Conroe Chamber from May 10 - May 13, for residents and visitors to enjoy.
Created in 2016 by International Economic Development Council (IEDC), Economic Development Week aims to increase awareness for local programs that create jobs, advance career development opportunities, and improve the quality of life in communities everywhere.
"Economic developers play essential roles in promoting the economic health and vitality of their communities — a fact that has only been proven further by the events of the past two years," says IEDC President & CEO Nathan Ohle. “The 2022 Economic Development Week will serve to recognize, honor, and celebrate the ingenuity and leadership practitioners have shown in working to create a more equitable and prosperous future for everyone.”
About the Conroe Economic Development Council
The mission of the Conroe Economic Development Council is to enhance the strength and stability of the greater Conroe economy through the support of existing industry and the attraction of manufacturing and service sector business, which bring new capital and employment opportunities into the community.